Sunday, March 28, 2010

Morgan Bayda and Dan Brown

I visited Morgan Bayda’s page and got sucked in for a while. I love her creativity!. I have been a coach for a long time and I am in school to become a Physical Education teacher. For me, teaching and learning has always been a physically active thing for me, and screen time is new and sometimes frustrating (meaning boring) for me. However, I more than appreciate all of the new tools I’ve gained from this class and the invaluable connection with the rest of the world for FABULOUS ideas that I can use in any aspect of my teaching. I plan to further my education after I begin teaching, and may possibly be in the classroom full time then. I will look back and be so thankful for what I’ve learned so far.

I watched the video of Dan Brown. He rants that Universities are becoming so institutionalized that learning is on the brink of extinction. He says the internet has provided us with a means of moving forward where education hasn’t stepped up to the plate. Now that “facts are free”, textbooks become irrelevant and teachers are spinning around, frantically making a powerpoint for what could just be discussed during our valuable class time and remembered (probably) easier. It’s time for the two to join forces and work together as a catalyst for brilliant minds of our future.

Dan, I hope nothing but the best for you. You are brilliant and passionate and I hope somewhere along the way you find what you're looking for. Maybe you could start a mentoring program? I could see that soaring! Morgan, thank you for what you do. You inspire people (like me) to sit down and learn... and want to learn more. :)



Comments4Kids

Eric from Mrs. Kolbert's class has taught me something I never knew! There is a species of jellyfish that is immortal! It is able to transform from full maturity back to it's original polyp form and the cycle continues! I left him a comment letting him know we'll be keeping our eyes out for them here on the Gulf Coast.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! Dan and Morgan both have inspired me to learn more about education and how to incorporate the internet into the classroom. They are right education has become free! I hope everything works out for Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the boring stuff. I have never been a coach or anything, but I used to run mission trips, and part of my job was kinda getting kids excited and active. I don't know how we are gonna handle keeping them in line and doing homework, but it should be exciting.

    ReplyDelete