Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dr. Alice, ITunes, IPods, and The Strange Wiki

There is so much information on Dr. Alice's page! I've already added it to my favorites! Endless information on "everything technology". I love how organized Dr. Alice's page is. It's going to be so difficult to pick just one topic to blog about, but I'll probably come back later for more... I'll keep you posted ;)

As a teacher, I will continuously be looking for new ideas to bring into my classroom/in the gym and this is an excellent spot to start. I think I most appreciated her Educational Technology section where she began with basic understanding of the internet, navigating, and how to bring technology into the classroom. I enjoyed her research links and her many suggestions on enhancing power points; the rubric examples were my favorite though. I just learned what a rubric was last year, but I think they're one of the best things our students can use to help guide/motivate themselves.

Dr. Alice's website will be useful to me as a teacher by means of helping prepare for my own lessons and it also serves as a useful guide for parents to better understand what their children are working with in school, so they're more comfortable being involved with the process.

I Tunes
You Tube
My Space

Mine...Yours... I don't think I've ever seen or heard of as much "sharing" as what's going on now. Anyone from anywhere can find out anything. Controversial, maybe sometimes, but I believe there's hardly anything but usefulness in these networking meeting places. ITunes University is an awesome tool for any student or teacher, and I plan on taking full advantage of the site.

Strange's Wiki was really cool. I liked seeing what other people had to say!



Comments4Kids

This week's comment was left for a student named Zion in Room 8 at PT England School. He and his friend PJ set goals together and worked on a podcast. It was refreshing seeing such young people in front of the camera setting an example for us older generations to "get with the program".

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on Dr. Alice's website! She is very organized, and has many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete