Sunday, April 11, 2010

And the Zax are taken down by the Landslide....

The two videos we watched for this blog assignment were probably my favorite. They were personal, sweet, and powerful. The Dr. Seuss video of the Zax described two Zax, traveling opposite directions, bumping into each other, and both believing that their way is the right way, wouldn't budge to the side to let the other pass. Well, they NEVER budged, and life carried on about them just the same... life progressed...change happened about them, and they were lost...right in the middle of it all. This video is powerful in that it can be applied to almost any aspect in my (your, our) life, and it really inspires me to be more self-reflective.

Pertaining to this technology course, this video teaches us that we can refuse to be technologically literate teachers...but we will have no effectiveness if we make that choice. I do not want to be a Zax, I am not a Zax. I don't have to know everything and I don't really care to, but I know that being willing to learn will carry me through the rest of my life with the impact I want to carry and the integrity I want to uphold.

The second video was amazing. I know that the assignment is to comment on publishing student work on the web, but I can't get over the emotions that these children left me with. Seeing these children coming together, working hard, singing from their hearts, and watching their faces as they followed along with their teacher is what drives me to BE a teacher. I want to work with our future generation and inspire them to learn more about themselves and others. I want to encourage diversity and openness, and one of the best platforms to do this on is with the help of technology.

Showing student's work on the web creates a network of shared information that normally wouldn't ever be seen or heard...like how Mr. C streams his classroom live... this could give many teachers different ideas concerning classroom management, lesson plan ideas, student project ideas, etc. Collaborating and sharing provides a base for knowledge to grow and build upon!


comments4teachers

For this set of comments, I visited Tom Whitby's blog "Island View". His first blog I read was Lead us into Reform and the second was Illigitimi Non Carborundum. Here he discusses how it may be the time to get out of the horse and buggy and ease into the car. YES, it is true a good teacher needs no tech to be good... It is also true that a good teacher with tech can be better!



comments4kids

This morning I left a comment for a student in Mr. McClung's class. The student described a baseball player "Dizzy" Dean, who was a legend that "slipped under the radar". He used online resources to find out factual information about the baseball player, and did a great job leaving his post.

No comments:

Post a Comment