Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Prime Example of Learning from our Students

The second I got to this link I realized how embarrassing my PLN is. The (7TH GRADE!) student was able to create (learn from) a network in which she is involved with daily. School projects were constructed with ease, and bibliographies were virtually built in. If feedback was needed, tools like Skype came in handy for peer or scientific review.

The student navigated knowledgeably through the apps, but I thought the digital poster was the coolest thing. She is able to work from the classroom, home, or anywhere else for that matter. The dymanics that is PLE provides are endless, and I am more than thankful to have this (now) as part of my own.

Personally, I find searching for things and endlessly looking at pictures, trying to filter out what information I need from what's being given frustrating, and using tools like delicious, and students sharing their work, collaboration is catalyst to sharing knowledge and learning from sources we would otherwise never encounter. I've become more inspired (and more equipped) to make for a better personal learning environment for myself... thanks for the nudge in the right direction! (and from a student, nonetheless)


The Question

I'd like to just start out noting that I LOVE the fact that a woman started this whole thought provoking video... Thank you for that, Clare Booth Luce...

When my students are grown and productive members of society, I hope they look back and reflect on the impact I had on them...I hope my sentence goes something like this: "She helped me learn about who I was as a person, taught me how to live with integrity, how to learn from others and treat them with respect and kindness, and to strive to live up to my God-given potential."

No comments:

Post a Comment