Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kaia- an Ocean of Ideas

During the semester we've gotten to know Mr. C and seen first hand the outreach and support he provides for many technological newbies (and oldies). Mr. C's class got involved in Kaia's blog and since she was only 3, left a voicethread for her so she could hear what others had to say (and not have to be read to). I think that was special, and I know Kaia and her dad both enjoyed it.

Kaia's blog shared with us a picture essay of a trip to the beach. She did an excellent job narrating the slides her dad put together for her. We got to meet her little sister Skyelar and her family, and it's nice to know someone so willing to expose themselves, to teach others it's okay to share. Kaia's dad Jabiz Raisdana is interesting to me, and I've began following him on twitter. He's shared with us his concerns of exposing his children, which is probably only natural for a parent... He's gotten a lot of feedback which is what I believe he was going for, and hopefully his fears subsided.

Education is waiting for us. It's there to be sought out and shared, built upon and expanded... it's our responsibility to educate ourselves and our children. We should use what we have and strive to be leaders, and understand there are new ways of learning. We should reach beyond the textbook, and see how others live. We could be inspired; we could inspire someone else! I think this is a great way to document a child's life, and I more than likely will do the same when I have children.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your comments and support. I hope to learn with you in the future. Sometimes we simple leave a blog comment and that is the last time we hear from that person,but really the idea is to build a community of like-minded learners. I saw that you are following me on Twitter too, so I will follow you back and see where we go.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps intrepidflame is my personal blog. This is intrepidteacher!

    ReplyDelete